Thank you for another successful year!
Ian Michel and Marc Felgoise wanted to extend our warmest gratitude to our clients, advisers, and friends for another successful year for Intersect Advisers! As we finish our second year together, we would like to share a few highlights from 2015.
1. This summer, we added two new advisors to the group – former Congressman Jon Runyan and Gideon Gradman, energy expert.
Jon and Gideon join our current advisors – Ken Kovan, Steve Friedman, Jim Peters, and our Managing Director, Alan Rubin. Our extended team offers additional expertise and experience as we continue to grow.
2. Earlier this month, the United States Senate confirmed former Congressman Patrick J. Murphy for Under Secretary of the Army. This position is the second-highest ranking civilian official of the United States Department of the Army. Formerly, Rep. Murphy served as General Counsel to Intersect Advisers. Congratulations, Patrick!
In client highlights:
3. We continue to work with EnCAP-IT , a beneficial use consulting and design firm. EnCAP-IT helps its clients solve environmental and capacity constraint problems by using macro-encapsulation techniques to preserve and reclaim land for beneficial reuse. Intersect is engaged by the EnCAP-IT team to facilitate the approval process for a municipal solid waste expansion project in a regional county.
John Swenson, Managing Partner, shared his thoughts: “EnCAP-IT has a strong solution for the citizens, government, regulators and others that play a role in protecting the environment and look for strong strategic relationships to help deliver that message. Marc and Ian not only have the relationships and experience, but also believe in the process. EnCAP-IT looks forward to a long relationship with Intersect Advisers.”
4. Another client of Intersect is mClinical Technology. mClinical Technology is an innovation company focused on developing mobile technologies that accelerate the efficiency of doctor-patient visits. Ian Michel is an embedded resource for mClinical Technology as the Executive Vice President of Business Development and Sales. Ian brings a strategic perspective and access to a broad network of key decision makers to the mClinical Technology team.
Richard Fox, CEO, stated, “Intersect Advisers is very aptly named. Marc and Ian’s significant networks act as a bridge between commercial institutions, hospitals and mClinical.”
5. Lastly, our newest initiative is the Coalition for Flood and Catastrophic Events. The Coalition is dedicated to enhancing the relationships between public and private sectors through creating alternative private market solutions to make flood insurance and catastrophic aid available, affordable, and sustainable during the Federal reauthorization of the National Flood Insurance Program in 2017.
Members of this coalition include thought leaders who bring experience and knowledge about the current landscape in the insurance industry for risk transfer and mitigation of flooding and climate catastrophes. The Coalition is looking to engage those who are interested in this initiative and would to like support/ participate in the coalition. Both Marc Felgoise and Jon Runyan serve as board members.
Looking ahead to 2016, we continue to grow with our existing clients and look forward to new opportunities to share our business development expertise.